Explore Nature with children using these four great new products from Insect Lore. These products have been created for children to use when they are out and about in nature and within the classroom when there is a nature theme being explored. The products include a bug jar, a creature peeper that allows you to see insects at 3 times their original size and realistic looking bugs and butterflies for up close inspection!
Nowadays children have less opportunity to explore outdoors. The classroom provides a great opportunity for children to get more exposure to nature. This can be done by spending more time outside to allow children to explore. Some schools may not have the benefit of a large outdoor area but it is still possible to explore nature even in a smaller space. There are many ways that schools can make it possible to explore nature regardless of the size of the outdoor space.
Some ideas include;
- Collect and inspect insects, bugs, worms, ladybugs, leaves, pebbles etc.
- Create a nature display for children to explore and add things to over the course of time
- Grow a mini garden – start small with herbs such as chive or parsley
- Arrange a scavenger hunt where children collect lots of various natural items to explore
- Go on a nature walk to a nearby park
Explore Nature – New Products
If you loved the Insect Lore Butterfly Garden then you will also love these wonderful new products available on the Primary School Shop. These four products are a great addition to any classroom for children to explore further into the world of nature with bugs and insects.
- Big Bunch O’ Butterflies – The Big Bunch O’ Butterflies includes 18 imitation butterflies from at least four different species. These include Painted Ladies, Monarchs, Swallowtails, Morphos and more! These realistic butterflies are a great addition to any classroom for a nature or butterfly theme activity. They come in a plastic tube with a resealable lid to keep them safe while not in use. They could also be used as part of a wall display board for children to see on a permanent basis.
- Big Bunch O’ Bugs – The Big Bunch O’ Bugs includes 18 imitation bugs and insects such as flies, spiders, beetles and ladybugs. This realistic bug selection are a great addition to any nature themed activity. The children can get up close and begin to recognise what the various bugs look like. Then they can go outside themselves to find the real life versions! The Big Bunch O’ Bugs come in a plastic tube with a resealable lid to keep them safe while not in use.
- Best Ever Bug Jar – The Best Ever Bug Jar allows children to go outside and collect their very own bugs to explore closer without them crawling away. This durable plastic container is made with breathable mesh to keep the insects safe while inside. Once the child is finished exploring they can easily release the bugs back into nature! It has a nice firm handle for children to grip as they explore and is made from shatterproof plastic to ensure durability.
- Creature Peeper – The Creature Peeper allows children to take a closer look at the natural world as it lets you see bugs from above and below and at 3 times their original size! This escape-proof, periscope-style interactive viewer is perfect for viewing small insects or items found outside. Children will have hours of fun with it!
All of these products are now available to purchase on the Primary School Shop! Make sure and keep an eye out for more nature products that we will be adding to the collection over the coming months!